By taking into account your kitchen’s style and your personal needs, you can find the perfect countertop material to make your kitchen complete. There are many factors to consider, such as durability, cost, and most importantly, aesthetic. You want a countertop that will look beautiful in your kitchen and make meal prep easier. Consulting with a contractor or interior designer can help you make the best decision for your kitchen countertops. One of the most popular options is granite, and there are plenty of reasons behind that. It’s a more affordable material when compared to marble, and at the same time it’s also very durable.
Why should you choose granite countertops?
Granite is a popular choice for countertops and other surfaces because it resists chips and scratches. Its durability makes it perfect for high-traffic areas in the home. Plus, its beauty adds a touch of luxury to any space, so if you want a very dependable yet beautiful countertop material, this is the best option for you. Granite is also inexpensive in comparison to other stones, and you do have different thicknesses to choose from depending on your needs.
Another, lesser-known benefit of granite countertops is that they are heat resistant, so even if you place a hot pan or pot on it, you don’t have to worry about any damage. Most countertop materials are easily damaged when you place something hot on them, that’s not the case here. This makes them ideal for kitchens, where there is often a lot of activity and heat generated. In addition, granite is also stain resistant if you apply a sealant on it, making it an ideal material for a variety of applications. In the end, you get to stay safe, while also getting a very good return on investment.
There are other granite benefits like the fact it’s easy to repair. For example, if a tile becomes cracked or chipped, it can be easily fixed with some epoxy resin. Granite is an incredibly diverse material that comes in a wide range of colors. Its color palette ranges from sleek and modern black to warm and inviting earth tones. No matter what your style, there is a granite color that’s perfect for you. Granite is the type of material that can add a sense of sophistication and luxury to any home. If you are thinking of selling your home in the future, granite could help you get a higher price. When compared to more expensive options, granite is also more sustainable. For eco-friendly shoppers, granite is a great choice. The sustainable material is difficult to produces, but its beauty and durability make it a fan favorite.
What type of granite should you choose from?
You will find a multitude of different granite types on the market, depending on the situation. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Imperial Red granite is a type of granite that comes from India. It is known for its unique red color, which is caused by the presence of iron oxide in the stone. Imperial Red granite is a popular choice for countertops, but also floors, walls, pools and mosaics.
- Black Galaxy granite is an excellent choice for interior applications. It is extremely durable and easy to maintain, making it ideal for high-traffic areas. Plus, its dark coloration can add a sense of sophistication to any space. Not only countertops, but stairs and windowsills as well.
- Green Pearl Granite is an incredible option if you want to add a unique color to your kitchen. It’s also suitable for wall caping, stairs and mosaics too. It has a smooth look and a non-slippery surface which makes it a stellar option for anyone.
- White Galaxy granite is medium grained and it has a variety of clear crystals. It can be a very good option for your countertop, but also for your floor or walls. It’s also suitable for exteriors as well.
- Tan brown granite is also suitable for kitchens. You can create a modern, sleek look by choosing a dark granite countertop. For a more traditional feel, lighter colors such as beige or tan can be used.
As you can see, granite is the ideal material if you want a great, dependable countertop. Not only is it stain and heat resistant, but you also get to save money. With a little planning and creativity, you can achieve the perfect balance of style and function in your kitchen and home with interesting textures, pops of color, and unique elements that will make your space stand out.
These classy and elegant natural stones delivers a timeless feel to any room they’re in. With many styles to choose from it’s easy to make marble work in any design style.
These countertops are scratch resistant and stain resistance, making them one of the most durable countertops available on the market. An abundance of styles make them easy to work with.